Don’t miss important emergency messages
Norwich University uses an Emergency Notification System to inform the Norwich community in the event of an emergency. When utilized, messages are sent by email to all students, faculty and staff with details about what is happening and how to react safely.
All members of the Norwich community are automatically entered into the system with their official NU email address. By updating Banner Web, Norwich’s information database, you can specify additional email addresses and phone numbers where you would like the message sent. The additional contact information can be your own, non-NU email address and phone number, or those of your parents, spouse or other important contacts. You can also opt to receive a text message.
Updating your Banner contact information
- Visit my.norwich.edu. On the homepage, click the Banner Web tab in the horizontal menu at the top of the page.
- Log in by entering your network username and password, or your “A” number and PIN.
- Click on Personal Information.
- Click on View/Edit Your Emergency Notification System Information
At this page, you can
- control how you are notified, in just about any combination of
- Text Alerts
- Voice Alerts
- Email Alerts
- add up to three mobile phones
- add up to three voice-only (landline) phones
- add up to two alternate email addresses