Department of Public Safety
The Norwich University Department of Public Safety will create a safe and secure environment for learning, living and working. The Department of Public Safety will utilize a community policing model to support our university’s vision, mission and guiding values. As public safety professionals we are sworn to support and uphold the University’s policies, regulations and State and Federal laws. As the face of Norwich University, the Department of Public Safety has the objective to be helpful, responsive and serve as an important community resource.
The Norwich University Department of Public Safety provides a 24-hour physical security presence 365 days a year. The Department of Public Safety office is located in the southwest end of the Hayden Building. From an off-campus phone, public safety personnel can be contacted by dialing 802.485.2525 or 802.485.2499. On-campus callers can reach Security by dialing ext. 2525 or 2499.
The Department of Public Safety provides the following services:
- Shuttle Transportation – for getting around campus safely
- Assistance with unlocking motor vehicles
- Lost and Found
- Emergency Blue Lights
- Run, Hide, Fight
- Student Motor Vehicle Rules & Regulations (PDF)
- Annual Security and Fire Safety Report (PDF)
- NU Safe Ride Back to Campus:
- Friday & Saturday nights 10 p.m. – 2 a.m.
- Contact Green Cab Dispatch at 802-864-2424.
- Passengers will need:
Only students with a university ID will receive transportation
Students receive a confirmation text to their cell phone with their driver’s name
and a link to track the car with an estimated time of arrival.
Health & Safety:
- Drug and Alcohol Abuse Prevention
- Campus Security and Fire Safety Report
- Emergency Communication/Response and Evacuation
- Missing Student Notification Procedures
- Vaccination Policies