Work Study guidelines

If you are federally eligible for work study and are interested in getting a Work Study job, please do the following:

  1. Come to the Student Financial Planning Office (Jackman 303) to pick up a Work Study contract, and to the Payroll Office to fill out an I-9 form and W-4 form.
  2. Check our job listings, or contact Student Employment Coordinator Pam Hepburn, ext. 2827, in the Financial Aid Office, Jackman 303.
  3. Call or see the point of contact about the job. When you find a job:
    • Have your supervisor fill out the information required on the contract.
    • Make sure the contract is signed by both you and the supervisor.
    • Bring the completed contract back to the Student Financial Planning Office and the I-9 form (with your driver’s license and social security card) and W-4 form to the Payroll Office.

It is your responsibility to fill out your electronic time sheet so that your supervisor can review and submit it to the Payroll Office each pay period.

The standard pay rate is minimum wage ($8.60 per hour).

It is your responsibility to let your supervisor know if you cannot make it to work. If you decide to leave your job, you need to let your supervisor know!

If you have any questions, please come to Jackman Hall in room 303 or call 802.485.2827.

Connect with us

Norwich University
158 Harmon Drive
Northfield, VT 05663 USA
802.485.2000 | 1.800.468.6679
Copyright © 2018 Norwich University - all rights reserved