Record of policy changes
- November 20, 2014: Posted Student Rules and Regulations interim policy:
Alcohol Education, Counseling or Treatment Program.
- October 17, 2014: Posted Administrative Memorandum 52 – Meritorious Award.
- October 13, 2014: Posted Use of Human Subjects in Research interim policy.
- August 26, 2014: Posted Student Rules and Regulations interim policy:
Suicide Prevention and Treatment – Parental Notification.
- August 14, 2014: Revised Student Rules & Regulations posted, interim policy (relationships between cadets of different rank) incorporated into revised full policy.
- August 11, 2014: Posted Administrative Memorandum 25 – Helicopter Landings, Use of Drones/Remotely Piloted Vehicles at Norwich University (Interim) and Administrative Memorandum 48 – Email Requirements (Interim).
- July 21, 2014: Posted Administrative Memorandum 47A – International Travel Policy for Faculty & Staff (Interim) and Administrative Memorandum 47B – International Travel Policy for Students (Interim).
- July 17, 2014: Archives and Records Policy posted, Records Restriction Policy posted.
- June 9, 2014: Revised Administrative Memorandum 41A – Indirect Cost Recovery and Use – to reflect minor wording clarification.
- June 4, 2014: Posted Administrative Memorandum 46 – International Inter-Institutional Agreements (Interim).
- March 19, 2014: Revised Corps of Cadets Housing Policy for AY ’14-’15 posted.
- March 19, 2014: Revised Civilian Housing Policy for AY ’14-’15 posted.
- February 19, 2014: Corps of Cadets Housing Policy for AY ’14-’15 posted.
- February 14, 2014: Civilian Housing Policy for AY ’14-’15 posted.
- January 17, 2014: Student Rules and Regulations interim change posted.
- January 14, 2014: Revised Employee Handbook posted.
- January 9, 2014: Revised Administrative Memorandum 28 – University Transportaton.
- October 17, 2013: Background Check Policy updated.
- February 1, 2013: Student Rules and Regulations interim change posted.
- September 2012: Administrative Manual: Miscellaneous updates to position titles and names of forms.
- July 26, 2012: Administrative Memorandum 36 – Interim Sponsored Research Financial Conflict of Interest policy approved, supercedes the Financial Conflict of Interest Policy.
- June 11, 2012: Administrative Memorandum 37 – Academic Centers policy posted, supercedes the Interim Academic Centers policy.
- May 16, 2012: Administrative Memorandum 37 – Academic Centers (Interim) policy posted.
- May 11, 2012: Personal Appearance and Dress Code policy posted, supercedes the Interim Personal Appearance and Dress Code policy.
- May 11, 2012: Telecommuting Policy posted, supercedes the Interim Telecommuting Polcy.
- Mar. 20, 2012: Housing Policy (Civilian and Corps) for AY ’12-’13 posted.
- Feb. 24, 2012: Revised Information Security policy posted.
- Jan. 6, 2012: Interim Echo Taps Policy posted.
- July 22, 2011:
- Smoking and Tobacco Use Policy updated
- Tuition Exchange Scholarship Program Policy updated
- Policy on Employee Disability Accommodation in the Workplace updated
- Interim Telecommuting Policy published
- Administrative Memorandum 1 – Official Visits by Civil Authorities updated
- Administrative Memorandum 7 – Uniforms updated
- Administrative Memorandum 8 – Employee Recognition and Honoring of Retiring Personnel updated
- Administrative Memorandum 18 – Athletics updated.
- March 18, 2011: Revised Administrative Manual published
- Feb. 9, 2011: Revised Administrative Memorandum 41 – Managing External Grants
- Feb. 1, 2011: Revised Housing policy posted
- Jan. 10, 2011: Revised Administrative Memoranda policy change procedure flowchart posted
- Nov. 24 2010: Drug Free Workplace policy
- Oct. 14 2010: Interim Faculty Spotlight policy
- Sept. 27 2010: Revised Memorandum 32 – Expenditures of Office Budget Money posted to Administrative Memoranda (Administrative Manual)
- Sept. 20 2010: Revised Student Rules and Regulations posted, interim policy [first-year cadets off campus without proper authorization] incorporated in revised full policy
- May 18 2010: Addition of Background Check Policy
- May 4 2010: Addition of Administrative Memo 41a, Indirect Cost Recovery and Use
- May 1 2010: Revision of Administrative Memo 11, Academic Visiting Committees
- April 28 2010: Revision of Administrative Memo 35, Travel Policies approved on interim basis
- March 1 2010: Revision of Section 1, Customs and Courtesies of the Military College of Vermont (MCV), of the Staff and Faculty Uniform Manual
- Feb. 5 2010: Replacement of Staff Employee Handbook
- Jan. 18 2010: Addition of Vehicle Operator Policy (Interim 1-14-10) to Administrative Memorandum, item 28 a.
- Jan. 13 2010: Addition of Ethics Training for NSF-Funded Research (Interim) to Academic Policies
- Nov. 2009: Addition of South Hall Facilities Policy
- Aug. 2009: Addition of Interim Personal Appearance and Dress Code Policy
- Feb. 2009: Addition of Section VII, item E, Housing Policy for Academic Year 2009–2010
- Feb. 2009: Memorandum 21 – Facilities Access and Rental Policies/Rates – addition of Section D, Employee Rental of University Facility or Grounds.
- Jan. 2009: Student-Athlete Handbook revised, converted to pdf.
- Dec. 2008: Student-Athlete Handbook removed pending revision.
- Aug. 2008: Information Technology Services, Student Acceptable Use policy revised, relocated to my.norwich.edu.
- July 2008: Tuition Exchange Policy revised.
- July 2008: Memorandum 4 – Smoking Policy – revised, Interim added.
- July 2008: Memorandum 50 – Cellular Phone Policy – Interim added.
- July 2008: Administrative Policy Procedure and Policy Procedure Flowchart added.
- June 2008: Finalized Information Assurance Security Policy posted.
- March 2008: University Catalog divided into four separate pdf documents to facilitate downloading from off-campus locations.
- Dec. 2007: Faculty Manual updated and converted to single pdf document.
- Oct. 2007: Non-Discrimination Policy revised to include gender identity and harassment provisions.
- May 2007: Tuition Exchange Policy added.
- May 2007: Crisis Management – Emergencies Abroad revised.
- April 2007: Whistleblower Policy added.
- Feb. 2007: Student Acceptable Use Policy (Information Technology Resources) and Student Acceptable Hardware and Software Policy combined into single document; status changed to “Interim” from “Draft”.
- Feb. 2007: Policy entitled Archive and Records Policy added.
- Oct. 2006: Miscellaneous revisions to Academic Regulations.
- Oct. 2006: Policy entitled Crisis Management–Emergencies Abroad added.
- Feb. 2006: Administrative Memorandum #28: University Transportation — Revised to reflect changes in policy regarding the use of large-passenger vans.
- Nove. 2005: Miscellaneous revisions to Intellectual Property Policy.
- Aug. 2005: Annual update of Student Rules and Regulations, with changes made to every chapter.
- July 2005: Updates to the Private Motor Vehicle Operation and Parking Policy: (a) increase in registration fee, (b) registrations terminated at the second offense (rather than third) for several traffic violations, and (c) the director of facilities operations is now the final appeal for issues which cannot be resolved through the chief of security.
- March 2005: Administrative Manual Memo 16 — Responsibility for notification of student or employee death shifted from Student Life staff to the director of the Office of Communications.
- Nov. 2004: Financial Refund Policy for Activated Students redefined.
- Aug. 2004: Miscellaneous revisions to Academic Computing policy.
- Aug. 2004: Refined the definition of the scope of the Non-Discrimination Policy and the Sexual Assault and Sexual Misconduct Policy.
- July 2004: Annual update of Student Rules and Regulations, with changes made to every chapter.
- May 2004: Changes to Sexual Assault Policy complaint resolution process.
- March 2004: Student Rules and Regulations — Addition of policy, procedures and regulations implementing reasonable-suspicion drug testing for all students.
- March 2004 (“approved spring, 2003″): Faculty Manual — Changes to Academic Memoranda on Faculty Development (#14), Appointments and Tenure (#9), Recommendations and Supporting Documentation for Promotion and Tenure Candidates (#9A), and Professor Emeritus (#9B).
- Feb. 2004: Adoption of Non-Discrimination Policy, supercedes the interim Discrimination Policy.
- Nov. 2003: Addition of interim policy on Employee Disability Accommodation in the Workplace.
- Oct. 2003: Academic Regulations—Appendix 1: Academic Dishonesty (please see Academic Rules and Regulations) — Final appeals of Academic Integrity Committee decisions now to be submitted to the vice president of Academic Affairs rather than to the president.
- Sept. 2003: Addition of Drug Testing for Student-Athletes.
- Aug. 2003: Student Rules and Regulations:
- Revision of academic grievance procedure, Chapter 1, Section V;
- Clarification of dining hall rules, Chapter 2;
- Removal of reference to transition counselor and transportation services, Chapter 2;
- Revision of alcohol policy, Chapter 3, Section II;
- Clarification of the definition of “hazing,” Chapter 3, Section VIII;
- Redefinition of Non-Discrimination and Sexual Assault policy, Chapter 3, Section XI;
- Change to Motor Vehicle Policy, Chapter 3, Section XII;
- Aug. 2003: Academic Regulations:
- Clarification of the “Credits for Graduation” policy, Section 2;
- Equivalency examination fee change, Section 2;
- Clarification of the “Incomplete Grades” policy, Section 4;
- Redefinition of Class Year Assignments to reflect the fact that Architecture no longer has a five-year undergraduate major, Section 5;
- Separation of graduate-level academic regulations;
- July 2003: Interim Discrimination Policy — Definition of “harassment” modified due to changes in law.
- April 2003: Student Rules and Regulations: Chapter 4, Student Housing — Limits civilian student off-campus housing requests to juniors and seniors.
- Feb. 2003: Administrative Memorandum 11: Academic Visiting Committees — Revised responsibility, charges, functions and meetings.
- Jan. 2003: Administrative Memorandum 28: University Transportation — Revision to guidelines on use of vans, private vehicles and insurance.
- Jan. 2003: Sexual Assault and Sexual Misconduct Policy — Sexual Misconduct section added; revisions made to comply with U.S. law.
- Jan. 2003: Academic Regulations: Section 7, Item 4 — Redefinition of Attendance Policy.